Here are some important things to remember when you sit down to write your loved one’s obituary:
- Use our Official Obituary Template & Guide. We've put together an incredibly helpful obituary template & guide that makes writing an obituary easier, and provides step-by-step instructions on writing a meaningful, memorable obituary. You can download the template below.
- You're not alone. There are family and friends always willing to help or contribute important information about their life. People love sharing these moments and memories; simply ask them.
- Anything is better than nothing. It doesn't matter if you only write a few paragraphs. Don’t be afraid that you might miss important parts of their story. Family and friends can always share these in their guestbook.
- You can always update it. The beauty of having their life story in a single place, online forever for family and friends to share, is that you can always return to your dashboard to update, edit and add to the story.
- You're helping share and preserve their life story for future generations. Grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and other future family members will be able to read these stories, learn about their life, and enjoy getting to know where their story comes from. They will be glad that you took the time to write the story, and that you left them with such a valuable piece of family history.
CREATE AN ONLINE OBITUARY PAGE:
To get started, click here to create your account. Our modern, meaningful service saves families an average of $740 in obituary fees charged by funeral homes and newspapers, and is only $7, and last forever.